COVID-19 Safety Procedures
We remain OPEN for face-to-face sessions during restrictions
We know that many of you are keen to come in to the centre, and we are eager to see you. We look forward to welcoming existing and new clients to the Centre, but online therapy sessions are still available for those who wish to avail of that service.
The new regulations set out by the HSE/HSA mean that we have to limit the number of clients we can see each day and so we ask for your patience with this. Under the HSE guidelines for public health, we have introduced some safety measures for everyone’s benefit so our process is slightly different than before.
All appointments can be made by calling 01 2100600 or emailing [email protected]. Clients will be required to pay for their session at the time of booking or prior to the session commencing where possible. 24 hour cancellation policy still applies.
If you are attending an appointment, there are some new protocols we ask you to follow. You can find them listed below the video.
Video of Covid Safety Measures Implemented at the Centre
- You will be asked to complete a short COVID-19 survey which will be emailed to you before your session to ascertain if you have recently been in contact with someone who has the virus or if you had a temperature or any COVID-19 symptoms in recent days.
- We ask that you come alone to your appointment unless you are accompanying a child or someone who needs assistance.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment. Due to social distancing we cannot accommodate clients waiting in the centre.
- When you arrive for your appointment – please wait in your car or outside the centre and call reception on 01 2100 600 to notify us that you are at the centre. You will then be invited in.
- Immediately on entering the centre we will provide you with hand sanitiser and you will disinfect your hands. You will be provided with a face-mask which must be worn for the entire session.
- You will also be provided with a bag for you to take your used face-mask, tissues, etc with you for disposal.
- You will be directed to go straight in to the therapist’s room or, only if absolutely necessary, you will wait briefly in the waiting area downstairs where social distancing will be respected.
- Your therapist will be wearing extra protective equipment – PPE such as a face-mask and visor.
- Each room will be sanitised in between clients before you arrive. In addition, and in accordance with the HSE/HSA guidelines deep cleaning of the centre will be carried out daily.
- Unfortunately we will no longer be in a position to offer any beverages/water. Please do bring a beverage/water with you should you wish.
Our routine standards for disinfection and hygiene are in place as always and we have added extra protocols and increased hygiene vigilance to ensure the environment is safe for our therapists, staff and clients.
With these additional measures a visit to a therapist may feel like a very different experience. But, be assured that these new measures are to ensure your safety. You will receive the same standard of care and remember that we are all the same people underneath the PPE.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to the Owen Connolly Counselling Centre.