Special Education Services
At Connolly Counseling we offer a range of assessments for parents who have concerns about the educational needs of their children. Our tests are carried out in the strictest of confidence by a fully qualified and registered Psychologist.
The most common types of referrals are:
- Specific learning difficulties
- Concentration and motivational issues
- General learning difficulties
- Attention difficulties (ADD/ ADHD)
If your child is struggling in school a full educational assessment will help with the following:
- Summarise learning strengths and areas of challenge
- Describe how the child learns best along with advice for teachers and parents
- If the child is entitled to any reasonable accommodations this will be clearly outlined
- Identify specific support or any additional resources required from The Department of Education
- Highlight any specific educational difficulties the child may be experiencing
- Outline your child’s unique cognitive profile
- The assessment will show up if the child is Gifted and make recommendations
- Advice on entitlement to resource hours
- Identify academic areas they are not meeting their full potential
- Advice on the appropriate use of assistive technology if appropriate
- If your child meets the criteria for a Specific Learning Difficulty for example: Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia etc.
- Identify if your child has issues with sustaining attention
- Write up and input into Individual Education Plans (I.E.P’s)
The reports we provide are clear and concise with a strong emphasis on practical recommendations and resources that help the young person meet their true educational potential.
A careers clinic using applied psychology, psychometric assessment and coaching suitable for older teenagers and adults
If you are unhappy in your current role or you would like help deciding what career is right for you, we have a fully qualified Occupational Psychologist on staff offering bespoke packages that help you make this important decision. Combining personality type, interests, core values and IQ our holistic approach is transformational and motivating. Through the assessment and consultation process you will learn the following:
What motivates me?
What are my core values?
What are my key skills?
What are my specific strengths?
What interests me?
What type of environment is my personality suited to?
We will provide you with comprehensive feedback and a report outlining your strengths, behavioural preferences and abilities relative to other people. This information will help you make your next career decision with greater awareness of yourself the environments in which you will thrive.